BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Dark Art Studio

May 28, 2009, Thursday.

Utopia: "You'll call them up and take an appointment?"

Me: "Ok cool. I am SO excited!"

Utopia: "Sorry I am making you do all the dirty work..."

Me: "Shut up. It's ok. I'll see you on Saturday."

Saturday June 30, 2009. 

10:00 AM

Utopia: "I got an appointment for 2:30. I will see you at Hard Rock Cafe at 1. We'll go from there."

Me: "Ok cool, one last time at HRC. I'll see you there."

1:00 PM over SMS

Me: I've reached. I am sitting outside. 
Utopia: I am stuck in traffic...so sorry.
Me: It's ok. come.

1:20 PM 

Utopia: "Hieee!"
Me: "Hiee!!!!"
Utopia: "We'll quickly catch a smoke and go."
Me: "No!! I haven't eaten a thing since morning. We'll eat."
Utopia: "Oh! look who's hungry, ok we'll eat and go."

An order for a veg sandwich (for me) and Chicken Pita Pockets (for her) was placed. We finished less than half of our servings and decided we could eat no more. It was time to go hunting for some Plot No. 34/11, Fraser Town. 

After 10 mins of non-sensical giggling about tying scarves like dacoits and behaving 100 pc puneri and after pretending to be hot chics wearing hot sun glasses and drooling over a nice looking boy in a Yamaha bike, we realized we have no idea where we are headed to. 

We were clueless about the place so was the auto driver. After having looked for Polytechnique college instead of a Polyclinic and after walking down the same street a couple of times (with some ATM mishaps en route) we figured out the place and reached a house with a small studio tucked somewhere in the corner. There were people smoking ciggs, drawing immaculate pictures of devils turning angels and intestines popping out of mouths and similar complex things. We had reached Dark Art Tattoo studio. 

We waited there burning time (quite literally) ridiculing a crazy woman who wanted to look hip n full of life with her sidey clothes and sidi-er tattoos. Some SMSes were exchanged bitching about her and praising the 'guy in a white tee' (since we couldn't talk loud.) We even thought we could talk in Bengali (her) and Oriya (me) since the 2 languages are so similar. We followed not a word of what the other person said. haha!

We spoke to people waiting to get tattoos done and we spoke to people doing them. We got bored. It was close to 4 o clock. We took out our iPods - I started with Kelly Clarkson's Addicted and she started with Plain White Ts Hey there Delilah. We moved on to RHCP and Matchbox 20 and 3 doors down. And I realized I had to save whatever little charge was left in the iPod for my long ride to the airport later in the evening. Now we started listening to her iPod with one ear fone each. And we heard 'ain't no sunshine.' 

Utopia: "I am my own sunshine."
Me: "hmm... good. I am glad."

Me: "you know what will my tattoo be?"
Utopia: "Get the Harvard logo done" 
Me and Utopia: "hahahaha" for about 5 mins.
Me: "No. I will get a post-it size note pinned up with a message on it - I want to own all the books in the world." Like this: 



Me: "I was dying when she was clearing blackheads off me in the parlor. I will get myself a tattoo it seems. huh."

And we giggle again.

And then the skinny, drug addict looking boy came to draw the outline on Utopia - for she was the one getting the tattoo. (I will leave the description for her to write on her blog.) Yayy! It was finally her turn to get etched in ink - for the second time! 

A skinny, 'I'll-be-dead-in-3mins' looking girl started to work the driller on her and the ease with which Utopia sat there talking and smiling was awesome. In the middle of it, I got a call saying the flight is to land at 6 45 and not 7 45 - which meant I had to run. We exchanged quick hugs, knowing we will not see each other again for the next few months or maybe even years - who knows. 

I took an auto and I could not believe I have met this girl exactly 4 times and that she knows me like I know myself. I could not believe my heart will skip a beat even thinking about having her gone and not having her weave dreams for me. 

Utopia, I just hope it is the end for a new beginning. This tattoo date was one of the most memorable days of my life for more reasons than one. As you board the train to a far off land today, I know that we will meet again - probably with some dreams from the many we have, having come true. I hope we will giggle just as much and I hope we will have some more castles to build in the air. 

"and if our hands meet in another dream we'll build another tower in the sky."








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tattoo stories are always interesting ;)

Btw.. there's a guy I know just off the K'mla overbridge and beginning of Indira Nagar. I got my tattoo desined by him. He's a bit expensive but does a really good job.

P.S: Where is she off to now??

Utopia said...

I'll miss you too. I called you some 4 times last night and you were sleeping. Wanted to bitch about "youknowho" and that thing that was scheduled this morning was not good at all. I shall not be reachable for 2 days but shall call you once I reach my destination. Sorry couldn't talk to you this morning. My tattoo looks really pretty btw. Shall send you pictures.
Damn Jinu we will meet again I am sure. You just wait and watch. :-)

Unknown said...

:) a lovely tattoo date u've had with Utopia, eh? def was a fun date by the way u've described it!
*btw did ipod last long enuf to serve you to the airport??*

Shanu said...

Touching post...my best frnd is gettin married and leaving the country..and i have the exact same emotions..i dunno how i m gonna watch her leave :(