BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Buzzzz....

Ladakh calling - in July. Yes Myulee, we will go. My family has a thing against me being adventurous. Irrespective of the fact that they've been there done that and have always come out of adventures, being happy and fine! Never mind, I've done far too many things in life because I wanted to do them, not getting deterred by their 'we'll save you from everything forever.' Ladakh is just drop in the ocean.

 

Cousins coming over. Preparing myself for the quintessential family debate - with me on one side trying to explain I will do what I want to do as and when I want to do it - and with family on the other side trying to convince me that life is a battle against time - and so I should make the most of today. (And the topic will eventually shift to - 'make the most' in whose terms? Theirs or mine? And I will be told I am faffing around to compensate for the lack of focus and direction in life.) Damn, even the thought tires me out. Wonder how I will go through the drill. Sigh!

 

Twinnie will be missed. My vent when deepest fears are turning ugly, my motivation machine when I need to hear - "Girl, I am telling you - when this plastic bubble breaks - you are gonna have it all. It is just a matter of time before you had the dream college and that one person who loves you for who you are." And I will miss the instant second line - "Look at everyone man! They are all set! And you and me will be forever sitting at Hard Rock café sipping sweet lime and smoking cigarettes." hahah. Yes girl, I will miss you.

 

And what is already missed is someone with wolf-like capacity to read, clarity of thoughts (or maybe the lack of it) and certain special moments. But happiness is transitionary and has to be cherished for its worth - not to be looked back at bring the sulking out. So I am at peace with what I had and what I don't have. 

5 comments:

Utopia said...

i know what the last para is all about. i know, i know.

" and if our hands meet in another dream we'll build another tower in the sky." :-)

DPhatsez said...

it's like i'm hearing your rants in person! :)

have fun on the trip! oh and being 24 ain't so bad is it ? :)

Unknown said...

Neat lil post..at peace with what I had and what I don't have.

Have fun in Ladakh.

Galette said...

No fair I want to go to Ladakh too! wait for meeee! and family is family. you don't agree with everything they say! you smile and nod when they say it and do what you want anyways. thats the way it works ;)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

hi jinu... am so jealous of you. ladakh sounds delicious in this heat. have fun!

thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting, because it gave me a chance to find your blog... what a fun page you have here :)
your posts made really pleasant reading. i will be back whenevr you write next...

if you liked Rivers, please do become a follower so that i can share with you whenever i write...
and do read some of my poems and haikus and tell me what you think.