BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

IPL 2009

We are 3 people who live in this house. And when the 3 people are cricket fanatics supporting 3 different teams in a breathtaking tournament, the tension is inevitable.

 

After 6 straight victories, little did Mr. Brother-in-law know that supporting Bangalore Royal Challengers would only break his heart. Pseudo-fan that Ms Sister is, she was quite clear she wanted her ever favorite Sehwag's team to be picking up the trophy, but alas. And me, I had the gumption to support the worst team last year - Deccan Chargers. 'GO CHARGERS!!!' has been my mantra in the last 60 odd days.

 

I wonder if it was mockery or support, but Mr bro-in-law bought me a Deccan Chargers Pin-up badge that I would wear for every single match. Today was special. With sister's team having to bite the dust in the semis, it was a battle of nerves for me and Mr Bro-in-law. And how my team emerged from the ashes to be a proud, jubilant team - is just history.

 

Considering how I fall for things like intellect and talent, there was no doubt I was developing a soft corner for a few players in my team. Little did I know that this soft corner will turn into almost obsessive  love for both of them. I write this post, feeling terrible - because my heart is resting with 2 people instead of 1 - and my conscience is battling with me. I have decided that whoever plays a better game in T20 World Cup, gets a definitive place. Until then, I have to live with the guilt of loving Rohit Sharma and RP Singh in scarily equal measures.

 

As I sleep tonight with the badge pinned very close to my heart, I will think of Andrew Symonds - THE man, Adam Gilchrist - THE leader, Rohit Sharma - whose presence on the field gave me goose bumps and last (and sure as hell not the least)  RP Singh - whose calm yet broad and clear smiles are probably the most potent thing in the world. 

4 comments:

Utopia said...

dude i totally fell for harmit singh last nite. i saw his fallen face when he started bowling his first over. there was so much pressure and i think he had taken only one wicket all season. and he was being tossed around for 4s and 6s and i prayed god please don't do this to him, one wicket and i am sure he can make a difference and damn he did. and that catch he took. i was like " gooooo surddyyyy boyyyy"!

Unknown said...

I was rooting for Dhakkan Chargers too! and my mom wanted RCB to win... and the match being quite neck to neck, I was almost sure RCB wud win, thought wanting vehemently for DC to kiss the Trophy!
what I enjoyed the most? Mr Mallya's dead expressions even when the team was flying the ball for 4s n 6s... hehehehe

Jinu Peyeti said...

@ Utopia - sure as hell Mr Surdy was awesome bt I am tripping over the other 2 men cuz they left no stone unturned to impress me right from the start :D

@PP - OMG Mallya;s expression was a million dollar one! and congrats to us PP! :))

Galette said...

Hee Heee this post is just more proof of how cricket crazy india is! It wouldn't be fun any other way though! :D