BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Yet another Best Friend's wedding...



Me and my sister went to check out a paying guest accommodation at Shivaji Nagar in Pune. A puny little girl opened the door. Me and Sony gave each other this look - 'snooty bitch. Huh. Wait till we come raid this place.'  Neither was she the snooty bitch nor were we the kinda girls who raid places.

 

We moved in a couple of days later. I was in 12th grade and her in 2nd year of college. We stayed up all night that night and by morning I knew her almost as well as I knew myself. We then lived together for the next 4 years. I moved to Hyderabad and her to Bangalore (convenient, I know!) We moved from being friends to being like sisters to teachers, role models, guides and a whole bunch of things in these many years.

 

Just like any other special relationship - It was one without too many things in common except for perseverance and the wish to be together through good times and bad. Yes, there were the fights and phases of - "she does not understand me." It is because of her that the saying 'Blood is thicker than water' ceased to exist in my life.

 

She is getting married to a very lovable person in 10 days from today. It scares me - I am just back from one best friend's wedding and walking straight into another one's with single blues keeping me company. While this happens, I know she will still remain my lighthouse when I am lost, my bank when I am broke, my blanket when I am cold, my mad chic when I need a laugh, my devil's advocate and more than anything else - my crystal ball. Yes, she can see things for me with cent percent accuracy. (And I wont hold it against her if she ever goes fully wrong.)

 

This post is probably not to hold people's interest but to say that I love her much and since this blog is one of my dearest inanimate objects/places, she sure as hell deserves to be here with me.

 

This post is also to inspire my readers to write something about those lovely people who haven't come made a difference and left, but who have come, made a difference and will continue being there forever. There are no right words for these people. But I know as you read this Piyu, you know how I feel. 

0 comments: