BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Of weddings, reunions and fun.






I had looked forward to this time in Delhi for so long that I had started fearing it would not stand up to my expectations - and I was terribly wrong. Despite some very unfortunate events at NB's place, I managed having a gala time at the wedding and meeting the boys. 


I stayed with NB and did not sleep all night on 28th. 29th was meeting Sruthy. (it's her with the curlers, sitting at the salon.) 29th was also the night of the fancy cocktail party and seeing the boys after about 3 long years!! It was just so weird to see those college hooligans dressed in Black suits and clean shaven. We all drank and bonded over food in the cold cold Delhi evening. 

We headed home at about midnight and had another night of endless conversations. The next day was going for 'a' drink at @Live at CP in Delhi. The 'a' drink ended up being 'a few' drinks and we were scared to drive back home in the drunken state. After getting ready for the wedding, I witnessed 2 of my life's first times - 

a. A friend's wedding.
b. A BIG FAT Indian wedding. 

After attending the baraat and trying to control the drunk boys, the beauty of the ceremony started sinking in. Seeing my friend and his wife go through the rituals of a Hindu wedding somehow gave the feeling of everything being right despite all that they have gone through in the last so many months. I could not have imagined him with anyone else next to him in the 'shaadi ka mandap.' 

After saying an emotional goodbye to him (since this was a scary one!) we reaced home well past 4 am. After a couple of hours of sleep and a rather shocking news from Nidhi's uncle's place, I headed to my cousin's place and met my little niece for the first time. It was then time to meet a very very special friend over a drink - something we had planned for a long time. We then headed to his place for the rest of the evening. The night was fun - 3 movies, Maggi, cranberry juice and staying up all night. 

4 30 am was the time to leave for New Delhi station and travel back home. D dropped me to the sation and it sucked to say bye to him. I enjoyed his company so much this time around. 

I know this is a bad update for a great vacation, but the most special things in life are the most difficult to write about. 

Picture Gallery: 

* Me and NB in our same ol' pose. 
* NB and Sruthy having a giggle fit over snooty Delhi babes
* DC and Cow - after sooo long!
* Sruthy straightening her curls
* Finally - the bride and the groom at the cocktail party. 

5 comments:

abhishek said...

hope you didn't do things that julia roberts does at her best friend's wedding ;)

Jinu Peyeti said...

hehehe thankfully God never put the 2 of us in such an odd spot! :)

Unknown said...

heyyy..familiar faces from college! wasn't he the one who'd once participated in mr n ms BMCC? I may be wrong... anyways, congratulations to a bunch of your friends who are tying a knot.. and hope they find one cute sa dulh for u too .. ;) :P :P

Mayuleee said...

ya... purnima... I guess, he did participate in that mr bmcc contest and did he win??? god knows...
And, jinu if Kamesh was a part of our girl gang and isn't he the first among us to be married? :)

Jinu Peyeti said...

bloody hell mayuri! you are right...! I mean even he wasn't a part of the girl gang, I wouldn;t mind making him one just to cascade the no.1 position. I am sure we girls are more than willing to give it away!! :D