BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding


Before I write about the wedding, the reunions and the fun, I have to write a small note for the person whose wedding I went for. 


KB or Cams (as me and NB call him) is my friend from college. We were introduced by our Economics professor in 2nd year of college. There was the usual 'let's go have breakfast, I am starving' and there was 'what are you upto this evening?' We would call each other up everyday for something or the other and it then became habit. We were the kind of friends who had nothing in common to start with - interests, lifestyles, hobbies - nothing. Except for the fact that we were outstation students and found company in each other killing time.

We have now come to a point in life where we have everything in common. We have shared everything from clothes,utensils, vehicles, apartments, joys, sorrows - to life in general. 6 years of crazy fights to late night movies to uncontrollable giggles to being there for each other through memory lapses and road accidents we have seen far more than what we had planned to. 

He finally got wedded on Jan 30, 2009 at New Delhi to a girl with whom he has persevered a lot to make the relationship work. 
Me and him are strongly wishing, hoping, praying that things don't change much between us. It was a relief to get the ritual 'good morning' call this morning - Never expected it on the 1st day of his wedded life! 

As I deal with my slight sense of loss, I pray to God to give me the strength to understand that I cannot call him up at 2:00 AM asking for attention or throw an unwarranted fit since I am feeling unloved. I cannot claim my right on the front seat of the car or pick up things from his house like they are all mine. 

At the end of it all, I know we are special friends and much as life may change, the love will remain. 

2 comments:

Mayuleee said...

yes... Kamesh and KNP breakfast, it was. Actually now i wonder, he was the only sane guy i knew, in my entire grad days... or maybe bcoz i didn't know anyone else :)

Jinu Peyeti said...

haha i know.. we always ate unhealthy stuff and he wud have fruits and juice! :D

and i hav to give it to him for sticking around even after college.. one of the few friends of mine who persevered one-way :)