BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 beyond New Year resolutions.

So after 2 customary posts (summary of 2008 and resolutions for 2009) it is now time for some solid stuff (read: random blah-blah) The focus remains on me and my people. All those tranistory Zippos and Tommy bags really do not hold a place in my heart, I think. I've tried enough (and in vain) to be super materialistic. (No, I love my gadgets and perfumes. I am not a saint yet, FYI!) 


Itinerary wise, I am always full. Every single year. Yes, I make it a point to travel a lot and visit people who matter (friends and family both.) This year won't be any different. In fact it will only get worse/better with 4 freaking weddings by Feb 14th. Fancy a snippet?

Jan 30 - Best friend (one of my 20 best friends.) at Delhi. 

Feb 2 - Great buddy from Google. Wedding's at Coimbatore but I am attending the reception at B'bay on 8th

Feb 13 - Another best friend. At Pune. 

Feb 14 - Long lost friend. Totally an event to look forward to! (This is at Poona too.)

These 4 events bring a lot of socializing. Obviously. Jan 27 - 30 I will catch up with DC (after more than a year!) and Madhukar (Finally... Phew! Also one extremely looked forward to event!)  Definitely dying to meet my cousin and see her cute lil daughter. And mallu babe is gonna be there for the wedding so i am thrilled about that too! 

Feb is THE MOST AWAITED time of the year. I am meeting my girls!!! Finally! yipeeeee! AND yes I am meeting Prabhu - the Goddess, after 3 freakin years - to celebrate our birthdays and our  blogging. (I'll see you chica!!) I'll meet Shekhar at Prasanna-Reema reception (Shekhuuuu, I am coming!!!) and I will meet Dhiraj after what seems forever. (We'll have a good time Dhiraj!) But the spotlight stays on seeing the girls. I am almost on my death bed if I dont see them every 3 - 4 months. 

In the months of Feb is also my 24th birthday. Purnima showed me the silver lining in the dark dark clouds - we are turning 24 when so many people in our circle are actually turning 25. (We are gonna toast to that one, lady!) Anyway, the fact remains - I am turning freakin 24. (which I always thought was for those weird girls, who are awkward to turn 24 :| ) 

It looks like I have turned crazier than ever before. Instead of growing up, I am growing weirder. I still have a little girl in me who chooses to come out and shout/love/laugh at the wrong time! And there is this crazily balanced, practical, matter of factly, proud, self-sufficient 30 year old woman in me - the one who has been there since age eternity. Yes, I still cannot shed a freakin tear to save my life and there is just too much self-respect in me, usually mistaken as ego. I can analyze people and emotions so damn well and will probably be able to make graphs and charts and excel sheets out of them this year. 

A month to turn 24 and I wonder what those 24 year old awkward women actually are like. Anyway, I like being this weird concoction of a 13 and 30 year old. If you know what a 24 year old should be like, drop a line!

Then for the rest of the year there is GMAT (again..sigh!) and moving out of here, visiting my sister in Bangalore (maybe when Galette is back from her fancy French trip!) going to my sister's newest farm house in Wayanad (yaaa!!!) Then there is one vacation that me and NB have promised each other. 

And of course there will be some more madness this year  - meeting newer and crazier people and bonding, living almost the 'sex-and-the-city' life with people walking in and out or rather me walking in and out of people and their lives and framing those bitter-sweet memories forever. There is so much to learn about yourself and your quirks with each new person you lose. I love it. :) 

My closet now has an array of assorted skeletons and I hope to have a few more this year. I love the madness in me. It is so rare that I want to hold on to it forever. 2009 will be a year of the heart and not the head. For the first ever time. 

Hoping to have yet another year of mixed feelings. Hoping to go to L.A or NYC. Hoping to finish my travel wish-list of solitary vacation. Hoping to learn how to let-go. Sure as hell hoping to get one of my 4 dream universities and hoping, wishing, praying I don't get married. 

Life is beautiful. :) 






1 comments:

Unknown said...

If Prabhu the goddess, were a goddess; She would have avoided turning 24!!!!