BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Ultimate wish-list!

Damn Jinu's got the dope! People are usually in the quest for knowledge, they yearn to attain nirvana or are on the look out for soul mates. What keeps me terribly busy is the hunt for the right odd job! Hail Mr. Abigail whoever, who has written an entire book on 101 freakin odd jobs - what you need to do one and what do you get out of the job! Now, I have gone through the book with meticulous precision and these jobs have made it through the cut and a brief line about what it is and what's exciting about the job - 


1. Crossing guard - Help school kids and people cross roads on busy streets. Bright Orange vest and the STOP sign. 

2. Bike messenger - Deliver letters and packages. Beijing/Buenos Aires are the places where they are popular. And cycling across the town!!

3. Yard work - Weed, plant, prune, dig, rake, mow, shovel. Isn't that exciting enough?

4. Windshield washer - Clean windshields of cars - Always dreamed of doing this. I love cleaning glass!

5. Human Statue - Stand motionless on streets and look like a statue - Paint myself silver and stand still and observe people. How cool is that!

6. Fire lookout - Stand perched on a tower and look for forest/wild fire - Imagine, stand at a serene place and look for something that will probably never happen!

7. Human scarecrow - Scare off birds from farms - Go to a quaint farm in countryside Europe and chase off little birds. That's life. 

8. Kibbutz - Work alongside Israeli farmers - Israel is the key

9. Snow maker - Make artificial snow at ski resorts - Monotony of the work...!

10. Shell picking - Pick shells on shores - Pretty much an expert and always cried when parents dragged me to go back home. And doing this at Kauai, Hawaii is like dream come true! 

It has been forecast by many that I will suffer from very early midlife crisis and will suffer from a bad one at that. So I am preparing myself for the bad times well en avance! 

There are some more odd jobs that I want to do, which unfortunately do not feature in the book.

1. Scrape paints off walls - Yeah, I know you knew I like this!

2. Florist - Small sharp knife to remove thorns from roses. Beauty! 

3. Truck driver - My hands hurt when I serve food. Delicate wrists. But I will make truck driving come true. 

4. Porter with a moving company - Those people who lug your luggage to your top floor? That'll be me.

5. Phone wire repairs - Land line conked off? I will fix it with those little testers and wires and small instruments.

6. Tent erector - I will erect tents at adventure sport destinations or even at a circus for that matter. Those thick ropes are such a thrill! 

7. Camel caravan nomad - Move with 100 other people with colorful clothes and camels. I will pose for American tourists in Rajasthan and make money! 

8. Motel/strip club Bar tender - Yeah, mix drinks for happy sad drunkards at highway motels or cheesy strip clubs. What fun to be on the other side!

Can't wait to get started! 

0 comments: