BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Trivial and still consuming.

I reached home last evening at about 7. Just as I stepped outta the car, NB called up. We hadn't caught up in a long long time. The last time we spoke to our heart's content was day before yesterday. We spoke for 57 minutes when my mom began her usual screeching - 

Mom to me - "That's why you have those headaches! you are stuck to you damn phone all day!" (Ma! puhleez! I go to work!) 

Mom to me - "You will get a freakin hunch back and also those cardio vascular diseases associated with long use of cell phones!" (Mom, like really! Just the other day you said my bones would melt if I had Pepsi! gimme a break, I ain't dying so fast!)

Mom to dad: "She is supposed to freshen up and sit with her books and study! And you, Mister! Don't YOU have an exam in Feb? Like father, like daughter - no focus in life only big aims thats all....blah....blah....God save the world!" By this time we have mentally muted and unmuted her a few times.

Anyway. coming back to me and NB, we spoke of getting Lesbian visas and sex change, we spoke of the sudden deluge of men in life and how they all come with 25 stones of weight which we can't and won't carry. Dinner was all those yum things (Oriya food was dinner last night) I wonder how mum manages churning such tasty food day after day and has so much variety to offer!

I tucked myself in at about 2230 and read a few short stories. Layla and Majnun takes the cake. It ain't the story of helpless, mad love but the story where Layla performs her duties as a devout wife, dies a natural death (cardiac arrest) and breathes the name of Majnun while she dies. I was happy. I never read of Layla and Majnun since I thought of it as a mad love love-story. I hate hopeless love stories which bleed with emotions. They give me jitters!

I slept a peaceful, undisturbed sleep after so so long. (It has nothing to do with the short story :D ) I did not wake up even once all night. Life is this satisfaction of having nothing special and so the lack of fear of losing that something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAAHAAA HAHAHA ... only mom's can make statements like that... bones will melt etc. i wondre where they learn all these things??!
hows u?

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

your mom is pretty cool

:)

I dunno why you are so anti-men....which brings me to another question..

Are you serious about the lesbian thing?

:D