BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

... of beautiful mornings and unwarranted pleasures.

My phone buzzes at 0630 sharp every morning and goes on snooze thrice. It is for my morning jogs. I haven't gone for a walk/run in the last 10 or so days. Guilt was consuming me all day all these 10 days. This morning I mustered the courage to wake up and opened the door to my balcony. What I then saw was magic.

There was so much fog that I could not see the house opposite ours. Fog was a daily feature in winters when we were kids (I grew up in plains - lot of fog there) But the sight today was breathtaking. There is a view of Idgah Hills from my balcony. I could see lush green trees playing hide and seek from behind the fog. The eye-sore Municipality water tank (yes, those huge cylindrical structures) which stands perched on top if Idgah hills was for a change not seen. Its absence was nice and a little unnerving at the same time.

So, ya, the walk did not happen. Mom won't lemme go out anyway. I still have a bad cold and I would run out of breath in such a moist climate. So I stood there wondering if I wanted to go down and get the camera and capture the beauty. I look back and think I should have done that but I did not want to miss a single moment of such a fresh and beautiful morning. Oh, and my sister gifted me a beautiful cinnamon sack room freshner (real Indian spices in a jute bag that hangs by the window and makes my room smell so heavenly!)which just added to the whole morning freshness.

I went for a hot hot shower and I skipped my morning tea since it is criminal to have chai without its companion on a beautiful morning like today's. Me and dad left for work at around 0845. We cross VIP road and the upper lake (badi jheel) on our way to work. We saw the sun and we were speechless. It was a huge ball of platinum. You did not know if it was hot or cold. But it was mesmerizing. You just wanted to go grab it though you knew you never could. The lake with small boats (which you could see only on straining your eyes) was the prettiest thing I had seen in a long long time. 

Seeing such pretty things is not difficult in India. But seeing it when you are not on vacation, when you are going to work, when life is probably not at its best and when it manages to make you feel so happy - is not day to day life. Such beauty has the power to make you miserable - it can make you miss special people and it can send you on 8X rewind to your favorite vacation at Pushkar or Goa. But none of that happened today. It was so pretty it wanted you to live for the moment.

This blog post is to make up for the lack of photographs for this beautiful morning. I will try and scan one from tomorrow morning's newspaper and put it up here. This morning will stay with me for a long long time.

1 comments:

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

Nature's beauty is matchless :)


You have a great blog!