BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I can't help it but bitch a bit...!

I can't help it. Really. I work in a start-up where we do not have our own cubicles yet. We sit in a conference room, all of us, and work. The frustration I go through, working with these guys, warrants a blog post. Each one of these people here is a weirdo in his own way. I will refrain from using names here but here it goes: 

NT - Worked with Reliance group of companies for a long time and once almost said he quit because he was too smart for the Ambani brothers. He steps into office and starts talking non-sense. Today's example - I deliver personality development lessons. (PERSONALITY?! Do you even know what that is?) He spends 5 hours out of 9 talking to customer service of some company or the other. Typical marketing chap - Full of faff. 

CB - He is a Telugu in this land of beautiful Hindi speaking people. He was over joyed to know that I am Telugu too. So much so that I thought he might come hugging and kissing me. (Eeyuuuu!) I do not feel an iota of happiness on seeing him. People who know me, would know how secular I am and do not believe in regionalism. Anyway, he smells of something between Pan Parag and Meswak toothpaste. He sits right next to me and the smell (read: stench) is too strong for my liking. He can't say Satyam. He says Sachyam. Sicko.

SD - A bong who looks like a mallu. Sings in his ugly voice all day and thinks he could give Kishore Kumar a run for his money. He tends to get louder when I am visibly irritated. He loses temper at the slightest and yells at people. :O I am waiting for the day he is rude to me and I will give him a piece of my mind! That said, he is good at his job. So it's ok.

AA - Extremely polite and extremely lazy. He runs away from work and blatantly refuses to do stuff unless he is shouted at by the big boss. One of those difficult people to work with but are so polite you can't do anything about it.

IK - The biggest dick head I ve ever met. He has been demoted and has almost been given the pink slip. He still spends the ENTIRE freakin day sitting at the reception, flirting with the receptionist (who visibly hates him.) Beat this - This dude has an MBA degree from some university in the UK and now, post-demotion makes 10K a month. 

VR - or popularly known as part time employee. He comes in at 9 30 (office starts at 9) He surfs the web, downloads music, gives me rude answers when I ask him about to-dos and then goes out of office. He comes back at about 5PM and logs out at 6 30. He'd rather not be there. He is supposedly a web designer. What he does is what I can do too - pick up free ready made templates online and substitute titles with our company name - all in the name of 'designing.' 

There are 2 other girls who are absolutely no non-sense. They might not be ideators or greatly skilled but are good at what they do. The live and let live. I totally adore them and we are a trio in sharing the frustration of having to sit with these weird men. We need help here at Conscience Compass! 


3 comments:

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

Its called female chauvinism!

Galette said...

Well sometimes people warrant a good bitch... so its good :)

Live and let live... Ignore most of them and take air freshner to work...

Enthu Cutlet said...

Haha! Some venting I say!