BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 in a nutshell

Okay, so here comes the customary blog post summing up my entire year, since it is the last week of December 2008! (Follows chronological order)

Jan – Got promoted to Account Associate

Jan-Feb-March – Quality team and all headache that it brought along. Those sleepless nights! 

April – Breathe easy. Big decision. To resign my well paid, forward looking job at Google. 

May – Gold Award (A recognition award of sorts at Google) Finally!

June – Resigned. And partied out every single night. Caught up with friends and could not wait to head home after 8 long years of self-dependence.

July – last working day at Google on July 3. It was the end of an era. The end of a beautiful life, of knowing truly amazing people, go getters, achievers, leaders. I made friends for life while at Google. What I am today has vivid fragments of those extremely important people.

And lot of other adventures – Missed trains and 4 extended days of stay at Hyderabad. Now I look back and think I would trade anything for those 4 days again!

August – Relaxed at home and got pampered. Something that should have been – ‘Studied hard for GMAT’. Never mind. 

Met Sebin.

September – Screwed up GMAT and found a decent job. Started working, did some phenomenal work in a week’s time.

Met (came to know, discovered - whatever the word it) randomer.

October – Moved apartments and started welcoming guests. Aunts then cousins then sister and her in-laws... mum paid a short visit of 3 days at the hospital with food-poisoning.

November – Met randomer in a random vacation. Had a vacation to remember.

Exercised my most important right. Voted to elect the leader of my nation.

December – Frustration over job dissatisfaction. Sister visited. Career seemed in doldrums. Looked back at the year with agony as one of the most fruitless years of my life. Overload of men/griddles. Spoke to randomer and reached a logical conclusion.

 

Other Highlights:

Started blogging vigorously!

Cams and Piyu decide to get married (not to each other! But to their respective whoevers.)

Budds and me bond after a painfully low tide in our friendship.

Shilpa goes through days and nights of endless crying and so I go through endless agony. Obviously.

Ek chhoti si love story happened.

GMAT fucked and repentance happened.

Made 2 great friends in this Godforsaken town – Sebbie and J.A Wonder how I would survive without them.

Mom figured out about some of my vices and handled it like no one else. I love her.

Learnt almost everything that there is to learn – about bad leadership and poor management!

Went to Poona and played UNO like a maniac. Got hooked to it and got some people hooked.

Some crazy book shopping done this year! And footwear too.

Odd jobs and fascination builds, assumes crazy proportions and continues to reign my life. . .

* I am sure the rest is all too inconsequential since I can't think of them right now. This is a good exercise - summing up your year. Whatever you remember the best are the things that probably matter to you the most. 

Happy New Year Peeps!

1 comments:

Galette said...

I love this summing up a year thing! i think im gonna try a nutshell too! u inspire me jinuni!!!