BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

The jet-setting Sundays

and weekends pass ever so swiftly... sigh! 

Yeah, I have a 6 day week at work and it is only Sunday that constitutes weekend for me. Sunday is the most awaited day of the week and the most fruitless. I have a whole bunch of things planned to be done on Sunday but all I do on that day is procrastinate. I usually end up chit-chatting with Mom and lazing around, not doing much. 

I have been planning to begin my preps on the 'coming Sunday' for the last 2 months. I haven't done that. I am supposed to spend more time exercising on Sunday and to catch up on all my reading. I am supposed to go to the salon on Sunday and get pampered a bit. I had to take my mum to the clinic for her regular check-up and I lazed to do that too. And yes, the dreaded dentist appointment... that's history too! I had to update my mom's iPod, get some photographs framed, clean my closet and some super simple tasks like paying my bills online! 

I haven't done any of these. Instead, I spent all the time sitting in my balcony, thinking, answering phone calls if people called up and wondering why beautiful things fade so fast. I spent the entire Sunday defining 'perfect' and seeing how much gap exists between what is 'real' and what is 'perfect.'

Now, there is not much you can do when you miss the active, go-getter you that you have been. I plan to find myself back this coming Sunday... 

0 comments: