BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

And when I heard shiver...

I was listening to Shiver by Coldplay. Has anybody paid attention to the lyrics? To me, it was always a track with some good background music. It was only today that I paid attention to the words and I was surprised by the hatred they produced in me. It is a love song. A suffocating love song - where the girl is all he sees and apparently she looks through him. She wanted him to change and he changes for good. He needs her damn bad but she could not care less. 

It is that typical love without a purpose. One of those meaningless chases. Probably the ones which stem out of self-pity or joblessness or inferiority or one of those extremely putting-off traits. I can sort of see the part-2 of the song. She will finally turn and look and he will start running. Running in the opposite direction and he will run so fast that he will never want to see her again. Because I think that's what obsessive meaningless love does to you. You lose yourself all of a sudden and when you realize that you have over played the love, it strikes you hard on your face and you want to kill that love and all forms of love that are in you. 

All people who fall into such meaningless love - should go die. They add no value to the society except for a few extremely suffocating love songs. :|

0 comments: