BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008


So it's like this - It was my first day in a new school. KG II to be precise (Yes, Pre primary.) My favouritest teacher so far, Mrs. Balan was teaching B for Bell when I entered the class. She asked me to sit on the 2nd desk from front. Back then, I din't know how to say 'Hi' or shake hands and give a Jinu smile and say - My name is Jinu... We must have probably smiled at each other or something... I wonder what we did... but we did have lunch together that day and for every single day after that for the next 9 years. We laughed together, cried together and I think even fought. It was our eighth grade when she moved to Bombay and when we started writing letters. Just like so many other people in the world, we developed our own friend circles and though we wrote to each other (letters, not emails) we somehow lost touch by grade X. 


Then technology helped us trace each other (we had obviously not forgotten each other but had just lost touch.) Orkut happened to us and we were over messanger services, chatting and sharing pictures and updating each other. 

And then finally, yesterday, we met. We met after ELEVEN years and we easily started from where we had left. We knew that we would hug each other and would systematically cover the eleven years - career, friends, and love life - in that order. Our calculations suggested that even if we spent an hour per head for every year of those 11, we would need 22 hrs to catch up. We grossly underestimated the required hours and I have spent 2 sleepless nights and super busy days talking to her. Staying up all night with work the next morning had never been so much fun! 

Thanks Shilpi, for coming back. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

sheeesh... I must be a major DORK!! i thought the "she" was Mrs. Balan.... the last sentence rung the bell. =))