BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Year, New Decade, New URL.

It's that time of the year when we sum up the last 12 months. But end of 2009 marks the end of a decade too. I see newspapers, magazines, tv channels etc summing up a decade of the nation, economy, politics and the world in general. And my life is also quite eventful, at least eventful enough to command a decade-wrap post on my own blog!

Before I begin my looong never ending post, I'll just explain why I changed my URL - cuz when I started writing a year and half ago, 'whatjinuwants' made sense. Now it doesn't. I now feel like a rover in the head. It will change again when I stop feeling like something else, I guess. :)

2000-2009 saw me pass high school, graduate, meet some amazing people, work at amazing places and with some awesome colleagues, plan life, figure out who I am, what makes me happy and what troubles me a lot. I found lovers, best friends, lifelines, boyfriends. Life sorted me out in a lot of ways and confused me in some other ways. I moved from being torn apart about one thing to another. I inculcated virtues and adapted vices. I lied, got lied to, I did not cheat but got cheated. I realized life is not always fair but it all evens out in the end. I learnt how to follow my heart, retain dignity, look beyond the trivial and be happy. Just happy. With or without it. Whatever that 'it' is.

I made plans and I failed plans. I cried less and I did not hate anyone. I went on to be more laid-back, less focused and found peace in being direction less. I experimented with loads of things

I learnt what being rooted means and why blood ties are so beautiful. I learnt that only a mother's love is unconditional. I realized how I hate waking up in a room with more than 2 other people. I learnt cheating is a need and not all acid tests are meant to be passed. I realized everyone has a reason for doing what one does. I learnt how to give benefit of doubt.

What I did not learn was coding, mountaineering, giving myself enough time, saying a firm no and swimming. I did not learn how to get better at a debate and how to talk less.

The new decade brings with it some promises and some fears. I will go for higher education - don't know where and when. I might just find myself a soul-mate or a companion for life and if I am plain unlucky, a husband - just that. I will enter the 25th year of life and will look at exploring life more - a lot more. In a nutshell, I've had a great decade with few mishaps and some tremendous experiences.

If there is one thing I have to take away from this decade to the next, it'll be just one lesson - That everything happens for a reason. A good reason.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sexy template. Loved it. :) I guess even i need to do a summation post now.

Unknown said...

All's well that ends well lady. So here's to a new decade that lays ahead.

PS: You should change your blog name to Rover Head too, it's cute ;)

Utopia said...

yeah I lauuu the template too Jinu. :-) a decade summed up indeed.