BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mumbai meri jaan

So here I am, in Bombay - after a 3 day vacation with the girls which cost me 1200 INR, all inclusive :)


A new job, a few new friends and just 1 expectation from the city, like I always have from every city I go to. I only expect the place to love me and give me a memorable time. And all places I've been to have given me more than I hoped. Bombay is going to be different.

People who know me, know that I am impulsive. I wake up at 2 in the night and make my friends visit me. I get out of office on a Tuesday afternoon and take the rest of the week off. I love mindlessly and I live mindlessly. I've always lived in my space which has quite literally been mine. Trying to tell me what I need to do is fruitless. I will do my own thing no matter what it takes. A free bird that you see on TV shows - was me for the last 9 years.

Now in a city like Bombay where you work hard and party harder, I stay in the other end of the town with my brother. I travel for 4 hours a day and I can't do late nights. I come back home to a noisy house with 2 kids. I have nothing against little children but they are just not my thing. I can't pack my bags and go to Hyd to see my best friend or even Poona for that matter to meet the girls. This 3-day weekend was one of the dullest I've had in years, with nowhere to go.

Don't ask me why I do not move out. Because I cannot. Cons of closely knit families. I feel guilty even as I type this post but it isnt my bad if I am way different from everybody else in my blood-ties. I can't live like this. But I am. That's life I guess.

(I had thought of a million other interesting things to write about but sometimes blogs get the worst of me... so this insipid personal-diary-ish stupid post. Excuse me if you were terribly bored or dozed off midway through.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that's one of the cons of living with relatives.

Congrats on the new job.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! naya job! nayi purani city!! welcome to Maharashtra, gal! :) hope to SEE you!

Ritvik said...

I feel sorry for you... That is exactly why I always made it a point to never "stay" with relatives wherever I lived. No doubt you should be grateful to them for whatever they do, but in the end cons like this level up with the pros. Hope you learn to manage with the new lifestyle soon; but Mumbaaaiiii is really NOT the place to live that way. Dont know what would be the right solution to this Jin, but its a chaotic situation indeed! I wish you get out of it soon...

phatichar said...

On the contrary...

A very touching post. All the best to you, girl!