BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where is the good in a goodbye?

Of course there is good in every goodbye - it marks the end of a good time only to give way to a new one.

Goodbyes are not forever. Neither are they painful. I think I am so used to saying goodbyes that they mean almost nothing to me. It's not a great feeling though.

It is important to chronicle my 6 months at Bangalore. A small stint but a beautiful one at that. I lived with my sister for 3 months after a gap of 3 years - every single day was memorable. I stayed with my lifeline best friend - again. I made loads of new friends. I traveled a lot, partied a lot, blew up a lot of money, did loads of fancy dinners and spend countless hours at Hard Rock cafe. I bonded with some old friends and realized how important they are to me. And I am to them.

I spent so many evenings fearing I'd bump into someone I don't particularly dislike but don't want to ever see in my life again either. Thank God, He saved me some awkward situations. Amu spent countless days pampering me and adding so many more lovely memories to our already long list. Gale was a total sweetheart with all the many farewell parties she threw.

I am going back to the west. Where my heart lies. I am going to Bombay. I don't think I will miss Bangalore for the food or weather - but I will miss those lovely weekends of doing nothing to bursting into activity. I will miss staying up all night and watching psycho TV shows and movies on this laptop. I will miss playing random catchy numbers on repeat and continuously dancing with the girls. I will miss getting ready for some place and going some other place altogether.

But I am looking forward to meeting new people and facing newer shit in life. I am looking forward to being so close to Pune.

Bangalore will be remembered for collecting sea shells by Cauvery and memories with friends.


6 comments:

Utopia said...

:-). best of luck jinu! i am sure it'll be a journey worth making. there you go walking down the yellow brick road yet again.

Anagha said...

There is no good in goobye... But a hope there will be good after goodbye... All the best for Mumbai..

Unknown said...

on to new adventures then...

Cheers to that.

Galette said...

all we need is a reason to get together jinuni! im coming to bombay sooooooooooooooon! whoopie!

Unknown said...

long time no update...

Navbharat said...

Navbharat was established in 1955 with an objective to provide travelers of India, the highest standard in luxury travel arrangements. There is a saying that is often heard but is nonetheless very true“without a travel agent, you’re on your own”. A travel agent is your backup if something goes wrong whilst you’re overseas and in domestics. We havethe best travel agents & they have an extensive knowledge on pitfalls to your destination and can avoid them by choosing the right path for traveling for you, something you will have a tough time finding out yourself.