BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

End of a chapter.

I have taken pride in saying I am a healthy mix of a South Indian and a North Indian. No I am not a mixed breed child but I am a South Indian by descent and a North Indian at heart, cuz that's where I grew up. I have the best of both worlds, is what I'd always say to people. That's thanks to my dad moving to central India 30 years ago. I stayed in all parts of the country - east, west, north, south - but home was always the Hindi land.


Today my parents are moving out of North of India and moving down south, closer to their brothers and sisters. Yes, me and my sister now have a world of our own and my parents are growing old. They feel the need to be closer to our blood ties. My heart aches at the thought of not being able to go back to those towns which I called home in the last 24 years.


I'd love to write a few beautiful lines about all those small and big towns where I grew up but I think I am just too overwhelmed to be able to write. All I'd say is I will miss the hospitality, the easy-go attitude, all that amazing food, the colors in the fields and in the local markets. I will miss talking in Hindi like it were my mother tongue and I will miss the local festivals. I will miss the LML Scooters and I will miss the biting cold winters and scorching summers.

I will miss home.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Coincidence that you mention this.. my folks are considering to buy a home for their retirement closer to their roots.

I think somehow time is on the fast lane.

Unknown said...

aye! sorry dint comment here earlier. It is dammmmmmmmn scary and sad to leave that place where u've grown up and literally breathed your soul!

I have told my parents VERY selfishly - whatever happen u ppl are NOT gonna leave Pune.