BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Buzzzzzzzz.... again!

OMG I am DYYINNGGG to write about the usual... I could have done with an interesting climax-filled post for all the not-so-eventful events of life but I'll just cut the crap and will make do with a simple, no nonsense update. 


Dad slipped and fell off in the bathroom at some hotel room in a town where he'd gone for a few days. Dad being dad took it lightly only to realize that the rods in his arm from the accidenta couple of years ago (dreadful and nighmarish yet miraculous escape and life being given back by some strange power) had slipped a few inchess and poked his bone. He was rushed back to town and a few x-rays concluded that all the 3 rods (including the ones on his leg) had to be removed. I spent 4 days at the hospital, sleeping on the sofa and eating almost nothing. It is the toughest thing to see - parents going through all this. 

I read Utopia's latest post and went into 8X rewind into my life - all the people with gruffy voices, beautiful eyes, givers, takers and so many other people who made me wait eagerly and nervously for something. Like 10th Board results. I suddenly realized I think of all those people fondly but there is no one these days who makes me queasy in my stomach or makes me look at the phone until the battery drains out of unlocking and locking it or makes me refresh my emails every 90 seconds. Sigh....! It is so weird - when we want it, we dont get it. When we get it, we dont want it...and that's life they say. 

I am so career obsessed that I think I have lost all understanding of why actually I want that MBA from a dream school. What's painful is that my obsession is not turning out to be fruitful. I wonder how I've become such a procrastinator and a lazy bum. The morning jogs arent happening, the sitting with books isnt happening, the taking charge of life is not happening... I even know all the gyan about getting my ass down to doing things etc. But I just feel like i want to do nothing!! 

OK too much cribbing is bad for both me and the blog...so I will stop here wondering about my favorite topics - my career and the phone that no more makes me stare at it... 




2 comments:

Utopia said...

I can imagine what it is when you see your folks suffer. I am going through a nightmarish hell myself but I try to find reasons to be happy, to smile but sometimes I fail. My career is probably going in the direction I want it to but hell I want so much more and patience is something I wasn't born with and I have realised that maybe it is the most important virtue. I think when you do realise you shall put your act together and work at breakneck speed cos they are your dreams and we are humans and we tend to slacken a bit only to be woken up from our trance like state rather rudely sometimes :-).

Unknown said...

Hope all's well with your dad now.

And well, you'll pick up pace slowly, although the question would be when ;)