BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Me as a Googler.

I joined Google on this day exactly 3 years ago - Feb 20, 2006. RMZ Building at Hyderabad Hi-Tec city. The 'cool' place both fascinated and intrigued me. I was 1 among 4 other recruits. 2 of whom happen to be my closest friends today.

 

I hated Zubin and was neutral about Shaheen.

 

Zubin seemed arrogant and mean. Little did I know that Zubin would stand by me through thick and thin, literally. No one calls me Chotu with as much adoration as he does. He is the one person who will literally beat up anyone for my sake. I can (and I do) call him up at 2 in the night to save me from some real mess and know that he won't say a no. Like all other strong relationships, ours has also passed some acid tests and it is one of the most cherished friendships I have.

 

Shaheen seemed too simple for my liking - but she is the ultimate example of 'nothing is as attractive as simplicity.' Our bonding was spontaneous and deep. Long conversations at lunch and after lunch defined the 'us' that we are today. The last time we met, before I quit and she moved to Australia, was also over lunch - this time not at cafeteria but at Novotel.

 

Other than that, Google gave me my NB and a whole bunch of other people. Not to mention - a resume to be proud of, my trip to dream destination London and an awesome capacity to consume alcohol. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahha.. so you work with Google. Hmmm, Google and myself have a long standing love/hate history dating back to the early 04'

Hope it's fun as they say it is.

Jinu Peyeti said...

@ J - I am now an ex-Googler. I quit a lil while ago. But yes, what they say about Google is all true - its a fun fun place.

But what makes it a special place to work at is way beyond the free food, gym, the spa etc. It is the people they hire. With them, learning is routine. You never have a dull day while you work there!

Ashish Gourav said...

gr8....I'm a google fan.....wow u worked in google that's an achievement
:)