BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The world's beautiful! Save it guys!

Suddenly the whole world seems to be shopping! My debt and salary cheque, fortunately or unfortunately are the same amount! Not only do I have no money to go shopping, I do not even have any motivation! Everyone I am talking to off late, seems to be wanting to talk about the newest thing they bought or something they are just about to buy! 

Peeps! Retail therapy is not the only therapy! Try literature/music therapy too! Damn I am so tempted to give some gyaan about being ambitious and wanting material pleasures. I want to tell everyone that it is fine to want and even have an iPhone but you cannot go on wanting and buying things one after the other and only then feel happy. I want to tell people that we should refrain from buying so fast and disposing so fast and increasing toxic wastes starting from production, going on to consumption and continuing up until disposal...! I mean I could not care less about the next generation but guys it is OUR freakin generation that's going to see the ill effects! No please do not become saints, that is not even the point but buy wisely guys! Buy only when necessary. Shop only when you need the things, not to reassure yourself against some stupid emotional insecurities! 

I will urge everybody reading this post to please go through this video and if you still do not think you need to reduce shopping, then I swear, you need help buddy! 

People! reduce shopping, reduce waste and save the world! 

0 comments: