BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Food for thought.

There are these really awesome things I keep coming across: while I read, while I surf or even while I listen to music. Sometimes I write them down on a piece of paper, sometimes in my diary and sometimes save it as drafts on my Gmail ID! I thought it is a nice idea to add them to my blog, so that whoever lands up here, gets to learn something while passing by my way. So here it goes:


1. This is from the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. 
  • Life's metaphors are God's instructions. 
  • You have just climbed up and above the roof. There is nothing between you and infinite. Now let go. 
  • The day is ending. It is now time for something beautiful to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now let go. 
  • Your wish for resolution was a prayer. You being here is God's response. Let go and watch the stars come out - on the outside and on the inside. 
  • With all your heart, ask for grace and let go. 
  • With all your heart, forgive him, forgive yourself and let go. 
  • Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering. Then let go. 
  • Watch the heat of the day pass into cool night. Let go. 
  • When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It's safe. Let go. 
  • When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life. With great joy. 
2. This one is I think from the movie Rocky Balboa. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that"

3. I read this in some MBA prep forum. 

It all boils down to the debate of Ends v/s means .The end can always justify the means. But each and everything you do may not be focused towards achieving the means.
Achieving the End is like the Tour de France. You may not win every stage, you may not always wear the yellow jersey, but in the end the one who endures and comes out on top collectively is the Winner.

Lots more to come, as of now just published those that were saved in my drafts :)

0 comments: