BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Discovering Bhopal!

So me and my dad have been discovering the town and it has been great fun so far. This one evening we went discovering soup stalls. 

We went to this place called 'Cycle soup.' It is a typical road side stall with the yummiest food on earth. We savored our soups (sweet corn for me and the same ol' tomato for daddy.) and got thoroughly confused about the main course. This guy had the ultimate Indian road-side delicacies on his menu, chhole bhature, kulcha paneer makhani, pav-bhaji, sandwiches, burgers (Indian style, but of course) and loads of other pulaos and naans with sabzis to mix and match. As always, me and mom wanted the same thing for both of us. And this time it was pav-bhaji. 


When he brought the food, I was mad at the chotu for bringing our servings (mine and mom's) in the same plate - and then I see my mom with another plate of pav-bhaji and trying to figure out how will she ever finish it. So basically the food on 1 plate was more than enough for two. 

Dad's BURGER! Yeah, that steals the cake! It has the tastiest Dhaniya-pudina chutney of the world, a huge patty and loads of cheese and cucumber slices. Yes, the quintessential India burger was here! I swore on God, I will never ever spend money at McDonald for that little burger which even has VAT charged on it. The mighty cycle-soup wale ka burger was a meagre 20Rs!

There is more to come on my blog about Top 'N Town Ice-cream (The Naturals' version for Bhopal) Arya Bhavan (The North-Indian Udupi hotel) and Manohar Dairy! 


0 comments: