BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Buddha Baap - The Old Man.

Daddy - my ultimate epitome of tall, dark and handsome. Yes, he is all 3 in an extremely handsome package. He had dumbbells at home to pump up his biceps and he played racquetball and went for a run and stayed fit. He is still just as fit. We watched Rambo on Star Movies year after year and I always said to him - He is Rambo without the scars. One near-death experience, 9 months on the hospital bed and he was smiling. Why? He was now a total Rambo, with the scars and all that. Yes, that's my daddy for me.

I beg, borrow, steal money from him. Ok let's put it this way - I snatch money from him in 3 ways - begging, borrowing and stealing. My dad has limited means but I know he will always find enough ways to give me money when I want it. All expensive things are bought by dad. Any place that accepts cards, daddy will buy me things. He is the one who gets those expensive shoes and cameras and clothes. He is not an ATM, he is a vending machine for everything.

He is the man who knows when I am thirsty and am not asking for water because I think its a hassle to stop the car. He is the one who knows I am longing for Jumbo glass Pineapple juice at our favorite stall. He is the one who promptly goes out at midnight to get emergency products on day 1 of my chums. He is the man who patiently waits outside the salon while I get excess hair plucked and nails polished. He is the one who can smell yummy Samosas and Jalebis from a kilometer and will drive in that direction no matter where he has to go. He is the one who will make us pack up our things at 9PM for a 6AM trip 600miles away. He is the dad who can make 20 lecherous men look away with just one stare. He is the one who knows exactly what kinda stuff I trip on when walking on the streets. He will still clutch my hand tight when I cross roads.

He is the one who is SO freaking proud of his 2 daughters and will talk about us anywhere, anytime and to anyone. He is the one who wakes up with a startle at the thought of me getting married and going away. He is the one who still loves me and protects me like I am a 2 year old. He is the one I hug, clutch, hit, shout at and do and say all nasty things to. He is the 6 ft tall man who, even after 30 years, smiles at his 5 ft short wife when she is yelling at him.

He is the man who made his way into the big nasty world - all by himself. He is the one who has never ever let anyone challenge his integrity. He is dignity personified. He has lived in limited means, raised his family maybe not in riches but with the maximum quantum of love ever. He is the ultimate family man and the awesomest father.

I love you daddy. I will probably never show you this blog but you should know that there is no one as important and dear to me as you. You are a dad better than one can even dream of. That tight hug and peck on your bald head 15 minutes ago was the daddy-daughter version of this post. I love you so much.

P.S: Buddha Baap in English translates to Old Father, Baap being the crass-est way of saying 'dad', in fact bordering rude. I've addressed my dad as Buddha Baap since I was 5.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet.. but makes me wonder... Did you break his much loved antique or something??