BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sporadic and not ______

It is easier to write about politics and cricket than to write about my life these days. Good sign or bad?

 

I worked out today. After really long. And I could hear the joints creaking, saying thank you. Thank you for making use of us and waking us up from this slumber after 2 full months. I am loving that pull in my thigh and the way my arm moves only in one direction. I chucked a sweaty t-shirt into the washing machine after so long. I love how I hate to have hair on my neck after a workout session. The lightness of being.

 

No, I haven't paid up at the gym yet. Because it's expensive and I am perennially broke. And no, I did not go by the beautiful lake for a run. I fear street dogs and mom fears rowdies. So it was jogging at home, stairs for the stepper, the usual crunches on the floor and a whole lot of dancing to some club music. Yes, about an hour and half of total work out. And I feel lighter. Physically and mentally.

 

I wonder what came to me today but I read some old emails and some old notes/diaries. Ok, maybe they are not so old after all. I felt damn sad for the way things, relationships and some people turned out to be. I was trying damn hard to feel some anger for those people, but unfortunately I could not move beyond sadness. Wonder why I take charge of things in such a Gandhi-an style.

 

Utopia posted the song Lucky (Jason Mraz and Colbie) on her blog and said she hasn't been lucky. (read the lyrics to get the context.) I had been lucky ones and trashed it out the window. It's excused. We were only kids then. And another time, never realized I could and should have gotten lucky. So scared I was. And so was he. Shame on us. We know how we felt. 


And now, I know why some people say they sing well. They want me to ask them to sing. But I won't. Boys singing and the after-effects have always been quite disastrous. And I know my lack of any particular fondness for Orchids (and other flowers), Violins (and other stringed instruments), late-night phone calls (and sms-es), and similar 'sweet' things ticks off some people. But I can't help it. I've faked fondness a couple of times to realize how much I end up disliking the people who make me fake it. Let's have it the other way round this time. You hate me instead. 

 

I spent about 4 hours with my GMAT books. Do you know spending time with books does not equate to studying? Seriously. It doesn't. But I am an optimist. I hope I will spend the next 2 hours doing SOMETHING constructive at least. That bitch of an exam has to be dealt with. Boredom, please come by a little later. I swear I am busy. 

7 comments:

aqua gurl said...

Hey gurl, thnks for following:):),although i didnt know you were:P

I think i said this b4 but i really like your blog background.:)

have you heard....Jason Mraz's "I am yours", check that one....its on my page...

4 hours with GMAT books waoo

cool post, lot i could relate too!!

Onward said...

geez..seems like i m following aquagurl everywhere..but i m glad i landed up here...this is the first entry i ve read of ur blog and i just luvd it...i dunno what it is that i liked so much..cant put my finger on it..maybe its the randomness that i identify with..whatever it is..its just lovely.

cheers

aqua gurl said...

amith stop following!!!

Jinu Peyeti said...

@ aqua girl - yes, u did tell me that my blog theme is nice. precisely y i havent changed it in such a long time. :)

and of course ive heard Jason Mraz Im yours. its a beauty. in fact the entire album we sing, we dance, we steal things is awesome.

@ dream'r - thanks a ton. It had been a while since someone new said something so awesome about my blog! :D and you've got a real nice blog too! i commented et al!

and aquagurl, let him follow...! I can do with some sweet followers like him on my blog! :D

Indian Home Maker said...

'And I could hear the joints creaking, saying thank you. ...that pull in my thigh ... I chucked a sweaty t-shirt into the washing machine after so long... I love how I hate to have hair on my neck after a workout session.'

How this struck a chord!!! I feel exactly the same way and still skip the routine not out of laziness or any dislike for exercise but pure procrastination!

Unknown said...

It's the boredom getting to you.. it is.

Jinu Peyeti said...

@ IHM - i know! it is so difficult to convince myself everyday that I should begin the workout. i know that ones i start i will enjoy but i dont get myself to getting started!

@ J - you got it. SPOT ON. Sigh...!