BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Bombay diaries

I went to Bombay, all excited since I was visiting that place after so-o-o long! When I used to be in Pune, Bombay was like second home to me. I would always take a volvo and drop in to my my brother's house as and when I wished. Then I would go around the town meeting some close and not-so-close friends. 


This time I met 2 of my closest friends, my friends from Google days. I took a local (first time all by myself) and went from Vashi until VT where Zubinder was waiting for me. He was shouting at someone over the phone. I figured out it was a gf-bf fight. My heart bled for him - he is such a sweetheart I wonder how anyone can break his heart! 

He drove me around the town and a while later we met KV over lunch and drinks at Woodside Inn in Colaba. We spoke and laughed non-stop for the next few hours. The next stop was at Gaylord's on Churchgate for some yum-yum desert. The boys then took me on 'terrorism-tourism' and showed all the places that were attacked on 26/11.

After about 6 mad hours with the 2 of them I rushed home (with my brother getting all angry) to see my youngest nephew for the first time. He looked like such a sweetheart but when my phone was chucked down from the balcony, I realized why they call him a 'terrorist.' That is exactly what he seemed. 

Now my phone had lost display and would switch on/off at its on whim. (The repurcussions of which I am still going through!) Anyway, after this was talking to bhabhi for 2 nights straight over the world's best coffee (unlimited supply) and catching up about everything. She is the one person who has taught me what ageing gracefully is all about - 13 years older than me and a mother of 2 sons, she is the most charming, witty, funny, sensible and of course, lovable person in the world. 

I do not bond so much with my brother anymore - guess he is just letting me be. But yes, I know I am still his favouritest person in the world and I think that's what matters. That old man is just awesome :) 

On 10th morning, I made the much awaited bus ride to Pune. That is the ride which brings me closest to the real me. More about it in the next post. 

0 comments: